If life is a journey, the teen years are when the bags are packed.
Have your children / students decided on their direction in life?
Do you have a system to not only prepare them to graduate, but to help them achieve their life goals and dreams?
At Wisdom In Minutes we focus on Education Beyond Academics, giving our participants a model, methodology, and skills to begin the process of achieving their dreams TODAY!
Education Beyond Academics
When you started your adult life, did you find that there was a lot of information you needed that you had not been taught in school?
After you left high school did you have moments when you realized that there were things you could have done or learned if you had thought about it?
There are a lot of things to learn and think about that go beyond academics to make an independent, thriving adult life possible. At Wisdom In Minutes we work to make sure that students don’t come back from college, look at their parents, and wonder what in the world to do next.
The topics we cover help students to focus on their future and ignore the minor irritations of High School and College. Working with parents to Nurture Independence and Achievement in their children (NIA Parenting) helps to make the transition from childhood to adulthood more peaceful for the family.
We offer workshops & seminars, consulting services, and keynote talks.
- ScholarChIPs – College scholarship program for children of incarcerated parents
- Passports to College – College Selection and Application Programs
- Montgomery County Collaboration Council for Children, Youth, and Families
- Takoma Park, Maryland Recreation Department
- Montgomery County Maryland Recreation Department
Youth Development Organizations
- Girl Scout Troops on the Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador levels
- Rising Sun Programs – Youth & Family Empowerment through Financial Literacy
- Girl Powered Summer Camp
- Shiloh Baptist Church, Washington, D.C. – Debutant Program
- Asbury United Methodist Church, Washington, D.C. – Higher Education and Campus Ministry
- UNCF Annual Student Leadership Conference
Why Wisdom in Minutes Exists
When my Girl Scout Troop was in High School, I started bringing in speakers to keep them coming to meetings. Ms. Jones (or Smith, or Brown) would come in and say “Be sure to do A, B, and C, before D.” And my scouts would pay intense attention, nod, and take notes. This happened time after time. So I began pulling different scouts aside and asking “haven’t you heard that before”? “Didn’t your mother tell you that?” And time after time I got the response, “Yes, but it was different the way Ms. Jones said it.”
I realized that as parents, we give our children pearls of wisdom, but they get mixed in with the everyday pebbles and gravel of life. We also have to say “Do your homework” “Pick up your stuff” and “No, I am not buying you a _______”. Ms. Jones delivers pure messages, uncluttered, fashioned with care, and clearly designed to benefit the listeners. Often, these messages are part of the collection of knowledge needed to take on life as an adult, but not included in school. The experiences were highly informative and impactful for both students and parents. So, when the last child in my troop graduated High School, I pursued specialized training, and began my company, Wisdom In Minutes LLC, so that I could become “Ms. Jones” and offer pearls of wisdom to the next generation and their parents.
What Tonda Taylor Bean Brings to the Table
Our CEO and founder has served on the board of the Parent Encouragement Program (PEP) and has led youth as a Girl Scout Leader and in a church based college readiness program. She holds Masters degrees in Business Administration and Organization Development and has received training in youth development, parenting, and college admission counseling. But most of all she is a mother and has coached and coaxed her children through public school K-12 and into two of the most prestigious Universities in the United States (New York University and Harvard University). Working with her children and with youth in the community has given her a wealth of grass roots experience as well as a unique, goal oriented approach to supporting youth in the development of skills beyond academics.
- Independent Educational Consultants Association
- Potomac & Chesapeake Association of College Admission Counseling
Parenting for WINS Programs
- Nurturing Independence & Achievement (NIA)
- Becoming the New Adult Success Administration (NASA)
Optimizing Middle School Program
- Career Exploration for YOUth
Optimizing High School Programs
- Career Exploration for YOUth
- Cultivating Academic Success
- Cultivating Academic Success - How to Get A's
- Cultivating Academic Success - Making an Academic Plan
- Cultivating Academic Success - The Golden Project
- College Awareness - Understanding College Applications
- College Awareness - Essay Writing
Post-Graduation Launch Prep
- Career Launch Preparation Program
- Career Launch Preparation Program - Mind Shift for a Life Shift
- Career Launch Preparation Program - Living Large on Real World Money
- Career Launch Preparation Program - Time & Project Management for the Workplace
There are skills that act as a base for success. They can be used to negotiate high school, college, and adulthood. The earlier these are learned, the better.
Book Tonda for programs that provide frameworks and methods for participants to choose and optimize high schools, prepare for post-graduation launch, explore career options, and parent to Nurture Independence and Achievement (NIA).
Let me show you how I coached my daughters through public school (K-12) and into New York University and Harvard University.